The ADF-01A and ADF-01F FALKEN are multirole superplanes designed by Gründer Industries. This version of the Falken is a completely updated version of the one used by the ZOE Squadron (an ADF-01) during the Usean Rebellion. The model, although unchanged in airframe design, underwent major modifications in avionics and weaponry.
The ADF-01 (Advanced Defence Fighter - type 01) "FALKEN"; is arguably the most powerful aircraft in the Ace Combat series. In addition to its staggering missile count, it possesses a Tactical Laser System (TLS) which is nearly impossible to dodge as there is no delay time between firing and impact. The Falken has 14 laser pods that activate and power the TLS, which fires for about seven to eight seconds until the pod is drained. The laser serves as a one-hit-kill for any target unlucky enough to recieve a concentrated hit from its beam. The TLS is housed underneath the cockpit, which raises every time the weapon is armed.
One notable difference between the TLS in Ace Combat 5 and Ace Combat Zero is that in the former game, the ADF-01F Falken has a red laser. Meanwhile, the laser is instead blue in Ace Combat Zero where you fly the ADF-01A Falken. This is due to the materials used to emit the beam, although the duration and damage dealt by the laser remains the same in both titles. Also, in Ace Combat Zero, the Falken is capable of carrying Fuel-Air Explosive Bombs (FAEB) and Advanced Long-range Air-to-Air missiles (XLAA) in addition to the TLS. Gründer Industries later decided that the TLS was far more capable in both AA and AG applications than the FAEB or the XLAA, and removed the wing hard points leaving only the internal weapons bays for the Sidewinder missile on the F variant. This reduced weight and drag and arguably made the ADF-01F a more capable aircraft.
It's most prominent feature, other than forward-swept wings, is what seems to be an armored, glassless cockpit. This is actually a 360° celestial-spherical screen cockpit layout, giving the pilot an immense advantage in combat. Instead of a traditional glass canopy, the plane utilizes a prototype of the revolutionary Connection for Flight Interface (COFFIN) system, which is similar in effect to a one-way mirror or an extremely tinted window - the pilot can still see out, but no one can see in. This is achieved via a series of real-time hexagonal monitors and external cameras that transmit the visual data to the pilot. This also allows for the HUD and targets to also be displayed at all angles, where as a normal aircraft can only show targets and data on it's front HUD display. If a target were to leave that HUD on a normal plane, the pilot would only be able to see it's green targeting square. On the Falken however, the monitors and a powerful computer, (codenamed Z.O.E) eliminate that problem.
* Ace Combat Zero: Obtain all 3 Supreme Ace medals OR Obtain all 3 regular Ace medals and have Ace Combat 5 save data on your memory card.
Note: Given that when you receive a Supreme Ace medal you also receive the corresponding regular Ace medal, you do not need to avoid attaining the Supreme Ace medals, should you have Ace Combat 5 data.
* Ace Combat 5: Destroy all 5 hidden Falken Hangars (on missions POWDER KEG, FOUR HORSEMEN, DESERT ARROW, DESERT LIGHTNING & ACES). This can be done in Free Mission mode.
* Ace Combat X: Complete OPERATION X (finish all ACX missions to unlock this stage).
* Gun: 1x 25mm GAU-22A Equalizer 5 Barreled Gatling Cannon
* Missile: 2x AIM-9M Sidewinder
* FAEB: 2x FAB-1000 (ACZ & ACX)
* TLS: 1x Tactical Laser System Pod (AC5, ACZ & ACX)
* XLAA: 4x AIM-54C Phoenix(ACZ & ACX)
Ace Combat ZERO/5
* Speed: 83
* Mobility: 99
* Stability: 82
* Defense: 67
* Air-to-Air: 99
* Air-to-Ground: 94
Ace Combat X (Default)
* Speed: 84
* Air-to-Air: 60
* Air-to-Ground: 54
* Mobility: 93
* Stability: 75
* Defense: 66
* Wingspan: 15.92m
* Length: 24.0m
* Height: 6.60m
* Weight: 23,300kg
* Max Speed: Mach 2.5
* Engine: WWX-GD-425x2
* Manufactured by: Grunder Industries
* On Ace Combat 5, if you use the FALKEN'S TLS before the mission FIRST FLIGHT, DESERT LIGHTNING, or DESERT ARROW ends, the landing sequence will show a yellow & wider TLS protruding from the FALKEN's TLS bay. This easter egg of the "Yellow TLS" is subjected to speculations on larger topics.
* In Ace Combat 5 and Ace Combat Zero you can also see a "ZOE" described on the left and right side of the FALKEN's cockpit which is on the laser control panels.
* It should be noted that the standard color for the ADF-01 FALKEN and ADFX-01/02 Morgan is the color of the Z.O.E planes